Don Sahong Hydropower Project Comes Online

The Don Sahong Hydropower Project on the Mekong River in Champasack Province has officially come online.

Turbines have now entered commercial operations, according to Chinese construction contractor, Sinohydro Corp Ltd.

The US 401 million hydropower project, near Khone Falls in Champasack Province, was completed 48 days ahead of schedule, according to the developer, Malaysia’s Mega First Corp Bhd, after construction began in January 2016.

Investors in the project include Mega First, with an 80 percent share, while Laos’s EDL-GEN holds the remaining 20 percent.


Jasmina Yap