Environment and natural resources

Forest policy and administration

Forest ClassificationAll land and the natural resources found under or on it is managed by the State on behalf of the national community in Lao PDR.1 However, the state recognizes long-term, alienable usage rights over both land and resources.2 “Forestland” is one of eight categories ...

Forests and Forestry

With mostly mountainous topography and tropical climate, Laos enjoys an endowment of forest. Laos has one of the pristine monsoon forests in South East Asia. The estimation of forest cover in Laos has been a controversial issue over recent years, due the lack of official ...

Environment and natural resources

Laos features a diversity of landscapes and ecosystems. The country is landlocked and heavily forested, with 80% of land cover featuring hilly or mountainous terrain, and the remaining 20% comprising plateaus and lowland valleys along the Mekong floodplain.Land and mineral resourcesForest (including primary and potential forests) covers the ...

Contact us

Contact us

Do you have questions on the content published by Open Development Laos? We will gladly help you.

Have you found a technical problem or issue on the Open Development Laos website?

Tell us how we're doing.

Do you have resources that could help expand the Open Development Laos website? We will review any map data, laws, articles, and documents that we do not yet have and see if we can implement them into our site. Please make sure the resources are in the public domain or fall under a Creative Commons license.

File was deleted
ERROR!

Disclaimer: Open Development Laos will thoroughly review all submitted resources for integrity and relevancy before the resources are hosted. All hosted resources will be in the public domain, or licensed under Creative Commons. We thank you for your support.

gC4g7
* The idea box couldn't be blank! Something's gone wrong, Please Resubmit the form! Please add the code correctly​ first.

Thank you for taking the time to get in contact!